University Of Fallujah
University Of Fallujah
The present-day universities seek to realize three major tasks which are Education, academic Research in addition to Social and Public Engagement
FU is considered one of the young universities which endeavors to rise with strength and determination and realize its goals.
The Career and Alumni Development Department is considered one of the critical pillars of educational development in terms of the elevating of the academic level, training, and personal empowerment . It seeks to advance the teaching staff and academic leaders skills. It also seeks to crystallize the training philosophy in terms of following up on the present-day developments and sharpening teaching and administrative/managerial staff skill infrastructures.
Based on the MHESR grand goals in general and FU goals in particular, the department seeks to harness the power within its reach for the community service purpose and rehabilitate the academic and technical expertise in a bid to cope with sweeping developments to build a civilized and aware society. The department seeks to assume the lead in continuous education and vocational training and Alumni development.
The department is additionally considered one of the university pillars in terms of university and non-university HR empowerment following the undergraduate completion. It is also tasked with training and developing the academic and technical personnel in terms of furnishing the FU developmental plans with skilled and qualified human resources.
Based on these facts, The department mission is public and individual empowerment in terms of creating positive change and scholarly advancement and urging them to advance their mental skills to optimize their competitive potential and academic performance.
- Follow up on the academic developments and pioneer researches to furnish the FU and MHESR personnel with their theoretical and applied contents in a bid to acquire the optimal expertise and skills which help them rise up to the sweeping worldwide technological and social developments.
- Find job opportunities for the FU alumni in the public and private institutions.
- Follow up on the teaching staff performance in terms of finding the opportunities to get them updated on the present-day foundations of modern higher education and furnishing them with modern trends in higher education, which motivate their critical thinking in arts and in sciences.
- Work on a vision agreement between the department and the public institutions with regards developmental programs needs.
- Set up integrative and congruent plans between the regular and continuous education in terms of the deployment of the optimal tools and methodologies that realize this integration and keep a sustainable liaison with academic and public facilities to advance the HR skills locally or abroad.
- Follow up on the research and review studies updates which are concerned with job realities in a bid to develop the job description -skills.
- Organize a number of cultural and educational training courses in various specialties.
- Contribute to the holding of the academic workshops, symposiums, conferences and seminars.
- Conduct training and harness IT and communication in continuous education, scholarly research and vocational work.
- Participate in academic conferences inside and outside university campus.
- Emphasize on the activation of academic research in the department as well as in the university campus. Also offer technical and consultative consultations for the undergraduate and graduate students in terms of a highly efficient cadre the department retains in addition to the academic library the department seeks to inaugurate.
- Build closer relation between the university and the Anbarian/Fallujian society in addition to other Iraqi neighboring provinces. Follow up on the new journal releases in the heritage, history and with regards to the shining image of Anbar Province and the city of Fallujah
- Follow up on the teaching staff research plans based on timescale.
- Deploy the last updated scientific global inventions and technologies in applied fields.
- Keep liaison between the university and the public institutions and appeal to the job skills these institutions need in terms of setting up related developmental programs.
- Contribute to the elevation of the social efficiency and grow its mental and scientific potentials in terms of providing quality training programs
- Offer consultative services to optimize the job performance in institutions in terms of competition and development in addition to rehabilitating their HR through the crafted training plans in developing the job tracks in a bid to realize a fulfilled job mandate.
- Make endeavors to pursue local and foreign professional partnerships in a manner which yields reciprocal benefit for the university and other institutions, which ultimately contributes to social development.
- Career Development Unit
- Developmental Training and HR empowerment Unit
- Research and studies Unit
- FU personnel Life skills development(to follow up on the FU and other universities personnel with regards to ending basic illiteracy)
- Educational Guidance Unit
- Computer Unit
- English language proficiency Unit
- Arabic Language Proficiency Unit
The department seeks to found a scholarly board to follow up, planning, supervision and the implementation of its mandate. It's proposed the cadre is comprised of
- FU president or VP for academic affairs (chairman)
- Department director (vice chairman)
- Three teaching staff member with different area of specialties.
Board duties :
The department seeks to be transparent, dedicated inventive and of quality performance in terms of collective work and enhancing professionalism.
The department proposes that the board responsibilities are :
- Endorse the department policy.
- Set up the department plans and programs.
- Certify the college-level plans with regards to continuous education.
- Evaluate the department performance.
- Find the academic, cultural, artistic, and educational programs for the benefit of the continuous education department and take the appropriate actions in this regard.
- Form permanent and temporary committees in the department.
- Nominate research cadre in addition to employing a number of undergraduate-degree holders.
- Follow up on the conduct of departmental units and identify the university needs with regards to inauguration/cancellation of new organizational units, divisions.
- Offer financial rewards for the outstanding personnel , lecturers and researchers that the department notices they are contributing to it advancement.
To realize the department objectives, the following measures need to be taken into consideration:
- Presence of FU-based experts with strong knowledge.
- Presence of training halls and high-tech labs.
- Monitor the economic, social and educational realities for the environment surrounding the university campus and link it with department reviews in a bid to match the training experience with the job market, an element the center searches for.
- Review the training programs which suit the trainee level in addition to evaluating them in terms of result evaluation feedback.
- Present letters of participation released by the department and accredited by the university in addition to the parties that participated in organizing the training program sessions